Darkest Dungeon 2 has been out to the public for a couple of weeks and now has a new update for players to introduce themselves to. This is the 1.00.50313 Face Your Failures fix. As clarified on the game’s Steam page, let’s get into the full list of Darkest Dungeon 2 update patch notes.
- Want to know how to unlock new character skills in Darkest Dungeon 2? This guide tells you all you need to know.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Gameplay updates
The latest Darkest Dungeon 2 update has added many new gameplay features and fixes to the list that will prove to be beneficial to players who are both returning and new players to the game. Here is the full list of gameplay features for you to be aware of.
- Added many quirk interactions to Academic’s Studies
- Slight increase to candle cost of later character cosmetics
- Removed Deathblow RES buff from Impervious Monsters
- Reduced stress damage dealt in Jester’s chapter 2 story
- Chalk Dust: No longer requires target to be in Stealth and can now be Dodged, but will also remove any Dodge tokens
- Confession 3 Boss
Cloistered Eye: Seek skills will now target a random hero when there’s no random hero to target
- Bifurcated Eye: Detect skills now targets random heroes
- Cluster of Eyes: Evince skills now targets random heroes
Other gameplay updates
Based on feedback since the 1.0 release, Red Hook Studios have decided to revisit the 3rd Confession boss. The new update addresses a few of the most immediate issues, but be advised they are adjusting this fight further.
- Fixed an issue preventing team names from working when they contained the Flagellant
- Minimum Deathblow RES for Heroes has been raised from 5% to 33%
- Minimum Deathblow RES has been reduced from 5% to 0% for monsters
- Monsters that previously had 5% Deathblow RES, such as the Evangelist, now have 0%
- Drummer: Order: Defensive Formation no longer grants +50% Deathblow RES for 1 Round
- Knight: no longer uses En Garde if on Death’s Door
- Bishop: fixed an issue causing the Bishop to occasionally pass his turn unnecessarily
- Inns can now only be generated once per expedition
- The Hateful Pyre and The Stygian Blaze now grant bonus Deathblow RES to all monsters/bosses that have Death’s Door
- Confession 1: region 2 Oblivion’s Rampart will now always be a Deacon fight
- Confession 2: region 2 Oblivion’s Rampart will now always be a Deacon fight and region 3 will always be a Cardinal fight
- Reverberating Redoubt: Added Armor Tag
- Fixed an issue with a Flagellant hero goal
- Pillager Mongrel no longer gains Dodge when using Watchdog, but instead gains it on Riposte
- Increased the appearance rate of Hero Shrines
- Monsters can now have IMMUNE resistance levels, reflected in their mouse-over stats and pop text when struck by relevant abilities or combat items
- Fixed an issue with the Fisherfolk Docker not receiving the stacking -10% Deathblow RES penalty if he survives a Death’s Door check after being hatched via Spawning Grounds
- A slew of animation and vfx improvements and polish
- Added a new font for Chinese
- Added new localization disclaimers by request of the various language loc teams
- Fixed a softlock issue with a UI edgecase when you don’t have all skills equipped and opening stagecoach menu at the same time
- Updated our credits
- Fixed an issue with the Fanatic Librarian kill achievement not counting when ignited
- Added missing SFX to Bonesaw and Shred of Decency
- Updated healing tab background art on the Hospital
- Fixed an issue where using a combat item on the final boss would break VFX from correctly looping
- Reduced Inn Mastery hold to upgrade timing from 2s to 1s
- Fixed an issue where a rough patch would be hidden under the sand in the Shroud<
- Fixed various Localization UI issues
- Various VFX fixes
- Updated Localization
That’s all you need to know about the patch notes for Darkest Dungeon 2 update, Face Your Failures patch.
- Need help with how to use the Radiant Flame in Darkest Dungeon 2? Here is what the item is used for.
For more guides Darkest Dungeon 2, keep reading The Games Cabin.